This policy sets out your rights to cancel your Order and return the Goods.
1. In accordance with Consumer Contracts Regulations, you may cancel your Order at any time after you place your Order until the end of fourteen days beginning with the day after the date on which you receive the Goods.
a) if you wish to cancel your order after despatch, but before Goods have been delivered then you will receive a refund for goods only, and not shipping costs already incurred. You will receive an email alerting you once Goods have been despatched.
2. In circumstances where Goods are intended for purposes related to your trade, business or profession and you are not acting as a consumer, clause 1 shall not apply. You may only cancel your Order in accordance with clause 4.
3. If you cancel your Order and wish to return the Goods under this clause, the following provisions will apply:
a) to cancel your order you should contact Border Topsoil Limited in writing, by email or post, using the details available at
b) in order to improve our customer service we will ask why you wish to return the Goods.
c) Goods must be returned complete, packaged and palleted as delivered, in an unused and undamaged condition.
d) Once you have notified us that you are cancelling your Order, we will repay any sums paid by you for the Goods (excluding shipping), as soon as possible and in any event within fourteen days of receiving your notice of cancellation provided that the Goods in question are returned by you and received by us in the condition they were in when delivered to you. If you do not return the Goods delivered to you or do not pay the costs of return delivery, we shall be entitled to deduct the direct costs of recovering the goods from the amount to be repaid to you.
Please note that the right to cancel your order under Clause 1 does not apply to perishable products, or products whose consistency will change once the bags are opened. If your goods ordered are delivered loose by tipper wagon, once the load is delivered, we are unable to offer a refund for the goods dropped off at your location. Once the goods are dropped off with you in loose form (not in bags), these loose loads are non refundable.
4. If you wish to return the Goods because they do not comply with these Conditions, any of your statutory rights, are faulty or damaged, or where Border Topsoil has not supplied the Goods requested by you the customer, you should contact Border Topsoil Limited using the details set out in clause 3(a) within a reasonable period of discovering the fault or error, but in any case, within seven days. If you agree to return the Goods at Border Topsoil Limited’s expense, you may ask Border Topsoil Limited to send you replacement Goods, or to repay any sums paid by you for the Goods within fourteen days, less any delivery costs incurred. In order to improve quality control, customer service and to verify any faults or damages, we will ask you to send us clear photographs of the product(s) and any faults, damages or issues of quality.
5. Your rights under clause 4 do not arise where packaging has been damaged in transit but the Goods themselves are undamaged.
6. Where possible, Border Topsoil limited will ensure each product ordered arrives with the customer in the same way as it left our depot. For dumpy bag deliveries, occasionally we will use an external haulier to collect and deliver the goods. Our B2B agreement with them will state that if the bags/contents are in any way damaged or compromised, they will not be shipped to the customer. Goods will only be shipped once they meet our Quality Control guidelines and checks prior to dispatch.
7. Gravels, topsoil, compost, sand, aggregates, stones and rock salt are all naturally sourced products, as such there may be variations in size, colour, texture and shape from order to order and therefore you will not be able to return these products for any reasonable variations in appearance or otherwise.